I went too my gp this morning too report on progress.
i started on sinemet in OCTOBER 12.5/50 3 a day, then 6 a day.
then i was put on sinemet+ 4 x 25/100 for two week's till now.
except the sinemet+ is the generic version.
I told my doctor that the results were i could walk a little easier, but i feel unsteady on my feet and i cant walk further or faster or stride, and that i have had more aches n pains in the last 2 weeks, i told him i felt the branded version was better although it was shorter in time span and the generic gave me more time span but less effective.
I asked him if he'd put me back on the branded.
He then tried too call the parkinsons nurse at the local hospital in a panic, you never get hold of her or the neuro on the phone that's hosptital life!. he wants too liase with her about giving me a inbetween pill or changeing the current pill but he wouldn't say what that is.
I have a appointment with the parkinson nurse in december, and i really want too see her too see what she has too say without the influence of the gp to get unbiased answers.
He says i'm too keep taking the generic pill until i run out in a weeks time(id have too wait for a further 2 days for the prescription) or they contact me.
So my question is ..
Is my Gp expecting too much from the medication and too fast from october till now??.
And if my medication is changed do i have a choice or do i just take what i'm told??.
if so what's my less harmfull option's??.