Is this wearing off?

Hi, diagnosed 4 years ago and taking 5 x madopar 100mg during day and madopar slow release at night. Recently I’ve noticed a few things that have totally thrown me, severe discomfort in bladder, mouth dystonia worse and muscles in hip, shoulders etc really stiff! Is this wearing off? I’ve just started on pramipexole but initially feel worse. Is this normal? Xx

Hi @Hilly,

Parkinson’s affects everyone differently and this also includes the medication used to control the condition. Based on what you’ve shared, it sounds like you’ve had some side affects to your medication. We have more information the possible side affects of Madopar on our website which you can find here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/levodopa-co-beneldopa-and-co-careldopa

I would encourage to speak to your GP or Parkinson’s nurse about this as they may need to review your medication, however, in the meantime you can give our confidential helpline a call for more support and advice on this. Give us a call on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah