Isle of wight

just bean diagnosed with parkys any body on iow up for chat

Hi stingray,

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes it can take a little bit of time for your post to get noticed. I'm moving your post into the Introductions and personal stories section where you're more likely to be noticed as a newbie. 

In the meantime, post below and tell us something about yourself and your journey with Parkinsons.

Ezinda

thanks, i am coming up to 69 ,started with having  the shaking arm,sleepless nights,and feeling generally unwell,on 6 sinemets a day 12.5/50mg for a month now, with not much improvement apart from sleeping better,but no side effects thank goodness,is that about average dose ?, but my asthma which i have had for 40 years is gone ,very strange, 

Hello, stingray!

I'm sorry you haven't received more responses here.  But welcome to the forum!  I hesitated to answer your first post, because I have no very valuable information to offer.  My own case of PD is different, and I am taking only a small dose of sinemet per day, so I don't have a lot of personal experience with it. 

I started on Mirapex, a dopamine agonist, which reversed my early symptoms well at first.  Then over the years, I have added other medications, including sinemet.

I wish you well and hope someone with a case more similar to yours (maybe someone else who has asthma) will post soon.

J