It's too hot!

As I posted previously Yes this hot weather has really tested my usband Wipes him out completely .

It's strange I even have to think about it for him because he doesnt realise its too hot or cold until its too late ..

Until Parkinsons reared its ugly head I use to tease him that he had a brilliant thermostat . He would never complain of heat or cold his body would seem to regulate itself . Nt anymore though
Hi, just got round to registering for this forum and have found this post from 2011. It has certainly helped me understand why my mum, who's had PD for 8 years, has been 'different' this last week or so!

I was going to ask a question about the effects of the current heat on those with PD who have low blood pressure brought on by the medication, as mum has had more LBP than usual this last week, twice when I've been out with her - culminating in my having to sit her down on the pavement for a minute until she recovered. Apologies to those in a quiet tree-lined street in Brighton last Tuesday who may have caught a glimpse of her underwear!

However, I'm now really interested in these older postings indicating that the hot weather can make the meds less effective, because I now understand what's been happening in the last week - if the Stalevo has not been working so well, that explains why mum is less passive, less confused, and has less dyskenesia (sorry, must look up how to spell that!) during the late afternoon. It explains sudden surges in energy - she walked round her back garden without her stick while my back was turned the other day - and why she has accused me of being "bossy" twice this week (albeit with good humour!).

Unfortunately, it's a very fine line between 'too little' and 'too much' Stalevo, so it also explains why she has also had the odd 'slump' when all she can do is go to bed, unable to eat, unable to go to the loo, pretty much simply unable to function, and feeling quite ill. (At the last visit to her neurologist he termed it a 'psyche off' which is a phrase he seems to have made up on the spot, as I can find no other references to anyone having a 'psyche off'!). I also think that her hearing is affected if not enough Stalevo - has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway, sorry to ramble on a bit for a first post. If anyone has any tips of how to help the LBP, that would be great, but please don't suggest she drinks more water - you wouldn't believe her resistance to water!