Ketogenic Diet

Hi All
I just firstly want to introduce myself - I’m a 40 year old mother of 3 young children. I recently received the devastating news that I have parkinsonism. Waiting for genetic tests to be dx with parkinsons.
Since I received my diagnosis, I’ve been researching like a crazy person.
From my research I’m now exercising every day (walking, running, spinning, yoga, boxercise, light weights).

I’ve been looking into the ketogenic diet and I’ve changed my diet over the last 3 weeks. I admit I feel amazing. I’ve lost a lot of weight, which wasn’t the goal, but is definitely welcome lol. I’m so alert, full of energy, happy. I would recommend it to anyone. I’m going to try to stick with this diet long term as there are studies (albeit few) that show to improve symptoms and slow progression.

I’m not sure if it works for pd, but I feel healthy. I’m reading the book “Grain Brain” which is extremely interesting and watched the documentary “The Magic Pill” both of which are about keto diet and effects on brain.

Has anyone any experience of this diet?

I will keep you updated on my progress if anyone is interested.

I just can’t accept that there is nothing I can do to help slow down progression :frowning: