Lengthy wait for new medication

Does anyone else wait ages for a clinic letter?  Each time I see the Consultant, I have to chase for the letter - changes to my medication cant be actioned by my GP until they receive it so they can raise a prescription.

The record is 3 months, my latest appointment is just coming up for four weeks and still I am waiting for the medication.  Why bother prescribing something that will help the symptoms if they cant be bothered to make sure we get the medication?

Would be interested to know if anyone else has similar problems.

I had to chase the consultant's office. I think two weeks is long enough to wait then hassle the crap out of them.

I too end up chasing via consultant secretaries and PD nurses every time and email my Gps with the planned changes to help speed the process. Frustrating to say the least. 

Whenever I attend Salford Royal Hospital for a Parkinson's review the hospital receptionist always asks If I would like to receive a copy of the letter that will be sent to my doctor. I say "yes please" and within a week a copy of the letter arrives at my home address. My GP can take 3 weeks to update, scan and action the letter on my records so as soon as I get my copy I make an appointment and take this to my GP who will then action any medication changes.

It does speed things up, give it a try and let me know if it works out.

I have waited nearly 3 months for a letter from the consultant to get new meds . Changed my consultant and had a letter and new meds within 2 weeks.

It is not acceptable to wait months with worsening symptoms (and pain) to get meds that can  help. Why can't neuro's just write a prescription while you are there. Then you could take the prescription to the GP to be added onto your repeat.

Caroline.

On my first appointment Neuro wrote prescription there and then but since then I have to wait till letter sent to GP .My understanding is there is a computer system within the NHS which is supposed to link up between services ---I certainly attended many meetings before my retirement looking at this .I do think it depends on how computer literate the Neuro is !

jdj

4 weeks is about the standard letter delivery time. Its probably due to the amount of patients crammed in for appointments and then the Neuro or the SPD nurse playing catch-up in writing the letters to our GP's.

Poker eye roll

Our new paperboy 'saved' his first Newspaper through our letterbox yesterday!

Headline of Newspaper. Brave passerby 'posted' a young boy from a group of bullies!!

Not sure what the process is  but on my first visit to the Neurologist  he gave me a prescription and it took about 2 weeks for him to write to my Gp so i could get repeat prescriptions , different health authorities have different processes my mother was also diagnosed with PD recently the geriatrician she saw did not prescribe her any medication he said he had to write to her Gp to prescribe medication   we both live within a few miles of each other but come under different health authorities