Level of care received by my Dad

I believe my dads current medication isn’t working for him, he’s on the steady decline despite being diagnosed 2years ago he’s seems to get worse by the month. Any idea who I can escalate this with?

Hi Racheampong,

Welcome to the forum! I’m sorry to hear that your dad hasn’t been feeling too great lately.

I’m sure the users will be happy to give you advice and share their experiences with you, but I also wanted to pop in to let you know that our Helpline is available to give you any advice you might need on how you might be able to help your dad. They’re available on 0808 800 0303 from Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm, and on Saturdays: 10am-2pm. You can also email the team at [email protected].

Best wishes to you,
Min
Moderation team.

@Racheampong, welcome to the forum you will find us a supportive group ready to share experiences.
Sorry to hear your Dad is not doing so well, if you suspect his meds are not working and he has one contact his Parkinson’s nurse. Otherwise try going direct to his neurologist or his GP so you can raise your concerns and to get expert advice. This is what I did but skipped the PD nurse as it took me 3 years to access one as the old one had left and was not replaced for sometime. I have always had my neurologist secretary’s number and I know she will pass on messages.
Hope you get it sorted for both you and your Dad :sunglasses: