Listen to me tell my story - Radio Parkies

I am currently a volunteer Dj for Radio Parkies. This is an Internet based station made by people with Parkinson’s and for all those affected by Parkinson’s including relatives, friends , work mates.

My shows go out live on Tuesday afternoons between 3pm & 4 pm ad Sunday evenings 8pm - 9pm - if you miss the live show or just want to hear it again it goes on to mixcloud normally within a day - search Dj Scazza and/or Radio Parkies to find my programmes .

Tuesday’s show - 30 January 2018 - was difficult for me as I recounted what i had noticed was wrong with me, the diagnosis at 53, and how i feel now. People have positively commented about the show and suggested that i try to get publicity for it. I have been doing the djing for 4 months so am not fantastic at that but i give it a go. Here it is:

https://www.mixcloud.com/radioparkieswebradio/radioshow-dj-scazza-from-uk-on-30-01-2018/

You will hear that I am from Birmingham and the news I give out tends to be based round Sutton Coldfield, Black Country, Birmingham and Solihull - if you have any news you want me to broadcast please e mail me at [email protected]

You can see my Facebook page which is DJ Scazza - Parkinson’s Internet Radio with details of some of the events
My shows are available:-
https://m.mixcloud.com/search/?mixcloud_query=Dj+Scazza

1 Like

If you feel that you would like to share your story ( it doesn’t have to be as long as my post which is fleshed out with lots of music) whether as someone with Parkinson’s or someone affected by Parkinson’s please get in touch on [email protected] and we can work something out.

Let your voice be heard as we say in Radio Parkies

Hey Scazzman, I love what you’re doing on Radio Parkies.
I could share a little of my story with you and your listeners :smile:
I was diagnosed in March 2011 (at age 57) I started meds immediately (Rasagiline & Ropinirole).
I’ve been pretty stable ever since. I put that down to :

1. my vegetarian diet (I’ve reduce my sugar intake, upped my intake of Vit D3 and Omega oil).
  2. Daily deep meditation ™ 20 minutes
  3. 5-7 minute yoga routine morning & evening
  4. high intensity cycling three times a week
  5. two one hour Pilates or yoga class a week
    In addition I’m trying something new a headset with infrared & near IR LEDs - which i wear twice a day for 20 minutes a time (read up on Brain Photo Bio Modulation)
    And the love and support of my family and friends.
    Speak to you soon :slight_smile:

Ho Keith

Thanks for your offer to share your story with me and my listeners – contact details to [email protected]

Could we try google hangouts as I should be able to record that.

During the day or an evening and which will suit.

The basic questions i was looking to cover are:

How old were you when you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s and what had led to you going to see a healthcare professional at that time?

What affect has Parkinson’s had on your work?

What medicines do you take and are they helping? And are there other things that you are doing to help your mind and body?

What sort of challenges do you face because of Parkinson’s?
What advice would you give somebody who’s just been diagnosed?

Have you a funny story about you and Parkinson’s?

We can also work in some of the other info you shared

Hopefully you can come back on here once you’ve done it and tell people that i am doing this with the best of intentions and want to work with peoplle so that they are happy with it

thanks

Hi Scazzman, are you looking for more volunteers. I can email as not heard of Google hang outs

John

Message left on mixcloud about the programme

Spot on! I’d never thought that there are so many tunes with lyrics we can link up with the PD theme! Well done every tune made me smile. Positive approach, laced with humour and facts, the way forward. To end where I started, spot on! Tractorman (PD Forum)