Looking for advice on Parkinson’s and Lewis body dementia please

Hello I am new to this group. My mam has Parkinson’s and was diagnosed with Lewis body dementia a year ago. As a family we are finding this very difficult to comprehend and are looking for and help and advice we can get to help our beautiful Mam xx she has been confused and forgetful for a long time but the last 2 weeks she has stated seeing people and having conversations with things we can’t see bless her . Please if anyone has any guidance for us xx

Hi Janjan. A very warm welcome to the forum!

We’re sure that other members here will have plenty of sound advice for you and your family, but we wanted to let you know that you can always give our helpline a call and speak to one of our advisers. They have extensive knowledge on all Parkinson’s related matters and can be reached on 0808 800 0303.

Best Wishes,

Tom A, Moderation Team

Thank you so much I have been looking for a forum and thank god ive found you

Hi Janjan,
My step dad has just been diagnosed with this, right in the middle of lockdown!! My Mom is struggling to cope with the news, as he is also, she has been through a cancer diagnosis last year and operation, all successful straight into a flood at their house to then have this diagnosis for her husband so it’s all taking it’s toll.
I wondered if you had any advice or information about how your year has progressed? I am trying to find out as much as I can to hep with all of their questions and find there’s nothing better than real experience.
I hope you are all well