Looking for DaT scan

Hi folks, I’m looking to get some advice on where to get a DaT scan for my mother - ideally somewhere in Scotland or the north of England.

Her private neurologist has recommended it, but we don’t want to go all the way to London. Dreading the cost, but considering a private scan as I’m concerned the wait time on the NHS would be too lengthy.

If anyone knows where to find a list of all nuclear medicine imaging centers in the UK, that would be really helpful, but I can’t find one anywhere.

Thanks for any advice that you can give!

I will be getting my DaT scan at the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Glasgow if that information is useful.

1 Like

Sorry should have added you might like to try Ross Hall in Glasgow if your wanting it done in the private sector.

1 Like

I am waiting for an appointment for a datscan.
It was requested by my neurologist last November but I have been told there is such a backlog it won’t probably be till late summer, early autumn. This is at Addenbrookes, Cambridge. It is so frustrating being left in limbo.

1 Like

That’s very helpful. Thank you, Ally. And all the very best for your scan.

Hi Janp, thank you for your message. I’m so sorry to hear you’re being kept waiting for such a long time for the scan. It must be immensely frustrating and it’s not right or fair.

1 Like