Loose 2.'s update!

Hi All....Just thought i would update you on the awful Loose 2's and gripy, bloating and urgency night and day for 4 months.mr green I have been very concerned over this and my GP was as well and fast tracked me for a Colonoscopy which i had 4 weeks ago. My Symptoms started to settle  somewhat to regular couple of times in the morning as i used to be. Today i received the results of the Biopsies and it has shown inflammation in the Colon, mildly thank goodness. I will be returning to the Hospital to discuss management, but i read something very interesting earlier.  It said that the main pro-inflammatory cytokines and glial markers are up regulated in the gastrointestinal tract thereby suggesting that inflammation is present within the gut of PD patients. It also states that there can be flare ups and stress (because of the hormones released) can start the symptoms up and they can last for weeks or months (as in my case). In Feb when this became a problem we had endured a lot of stress and upset with things not associated with our family thankfully, but not within our control. My Husband also became unwell at much the same time and of course we have been worrying about each other, which creates a vicious circle doesn't it?  So the moral of the story i guess is..............try not to worry about things you cannot change, the courage to change the things that you can and the wisdom to know the difference ( i read something like that somewhere and it is so true) and keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep flippin smiling big grin

best wishes 

Dolly

Hi Dolly,

I have exactly the same  problem.  I asked my GP for Kaolin which he supplied, and it does slow it down  somewhat.  I have suffered from Colitis off and on for many years,   but this flare up is definitely meds related.

Hope yours has finally settled down,  I am still struggling. :(

Fox

HI FOX...GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU........IT REALLY IS HORRIBLE ISN'T IT? I FIND THAT STRESS MAKES MINE A LOT WORSE AND I HAVE HAD PLENTY OF THAT THE LAST YEAR OR SO. I HAVE WRITTEN ALL ABOUT IT ON THE "HI HOW ARE YOU TODAY " THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ IT. i AM PLEASED THAT THE KAOLIN IS HELPING YOU MATEY, AND I AM SURE THE MEDS DO CAUSE SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS. I WISH YOU WELL AND INTERESTED TO HEAR HOW YOU GET ON. 

MY BEST WISHES

DOLLY X

Hi again  Dolly,

Well, the Kaolin didn't   work for long and am now taking Loperamide,  as from yesterday, hoping that will hold better.:)

I hate having to take any kind of meds and   I call these Madoper my 'Poison Pills'. LOL

Fox.........:)