Low oxygen levels

Hi

My dad is in the late stages of PD. He is in and out of hospital at the minute which is very stressful. He has a care plan in place now so he can be kept at his care home. Each time he goes into hospital it is because of low oxygen levels, he has an X-ray and this shows nothing. They give him iv antibiotics and oxygen and ship him home. A few days later the same happens again. I am really just wanting to know if low oxygen levels are a normal part of late stage PD? Also what can we do to help him with this? I have asked the doc to prescribe him oxygen as this seems to help him. Can anyone offer any other advice?

Thank you

Hi Yods,

A warm welcome to the forum.

I’m really sorry to hear about your dad’s low oxygen levels. Some people with Parkinson’s may experience problems with low blood pressure which can affect oxygen levels in the body. However, I think it would be worth speaking to one of our advisers via our helpline service for their expert advise on this. If you give them a call on 0808 800 0303 they can arrange for a Parkinson’s nurse to contact you within 24 hours or they can simply provide you with more information and support.

I hope you find the above information helpful.

Many thanks,
Reah