Madopar Shortages

Hi my husband just went to collect my prescription from Boots. However, they have no Madopar 200/50 or Madopar 100/25. Roche say they have had a spike in demand. Is this because hospitals are stock piling? obviously individual patients would not be able to stockpile too much. Anyone else having difficulty. I have two weeks supply left.

Hi @Shakin,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Roche have reassured us that they’re closely managing supply of Madopar so everyone who needs to get it does. We have more information on this on our website here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/madopar-supply-issues

However, if you’d like to speak to someone in more detail about this, please give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303 from Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm, or you can email [email protected].

I hope you find this information useful.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

Hi,
I’m new here, diagnosed about 5 years ago, still active and fortunately able to work.
I too am having problems sourcing Madopar. My pharmacy have been trying to obtain 50/12.5 dispersible tablets for almost a fortnight. They have contacted Roche, information is supply issues, may have stocks in 1-2 weeks. Personally I am OK for the short term, but others may not be. Hope this helps though it’s not good news.

All we are having the things happen in the USA. Sinemet at times, insuline, and other types of drugs.
Kinda odd that these things happen at the same time laws are being introduced to put a lid on the cost for drugs.
Where I am from. I am trying to figure out what chess piece I am? ONE piece I know I am not is a King. Hope things on supply change people should have more value than green paper or metal fragments. Tom