Madopar/ Sinemet experience

My 68 year old mother was diagnosed with Parkinsons in 2017.
Neuro advised Sinemet 12.5mg Carbidopa /50mg Levodopa one daily - increasing by one tablet per week until reaching four daily.
We followed the above instructions and no benefits or relief were experienced
Symptoms worse i.e pain,stiffness and walking dipped further.
We manged to persevere with Mr Sinemet for close to two months before admitting defeat.
Now next up Madopar 50mg Levdopa 12.5 benserazide and we have arrived at our three a day as instructed but again same story and roughly abt two months .
Symptoms worse and i can see a decline do not see any benefits at all i.e improved mobility etc
Is this normal do some people take longer to respond or should there be improvemet after a couple of days ? Does anyone have experience of this ?
I would be very grateful for any helpful feedback.

Thanks
Jamie

I was prescribed Madopar and found it made my symptoms worse in fact i slurred my words and became slightly confused. My neuro advised persevering in fact he wanted me to increase the dose. I resorted back to roprinole and increased my dose to 16mg daily and feel a lot better, my only symptoms being a shaky left hand, trailing left leg and insomnia.

Hi @MrThom,

I hope you’re well.

It’s a shame that your mum’s medication hasn’t been effective, this can’t be helpful to her. If you haven’t done so already, you should raise this with her Parkinson’s nurse so that they can look into her medication and make some necessary adjustments. You can also give our helpline a call and speak to one of our advisers about this, they are extremely knowledgeable about medication for Parkinson’s so do contact them on 0808 800 0303 for more support on this.

Wishing you and your mum all the best.

Best wishes,
Reah