Madopar

Hello hope you can give us advice. My partner has been started on Madopar one week ago and feels very dizzy and headachy. He also is very restless and finds it difficult getting any sleep. Any good tips for us please from the experts here who have experience with this drug?
Thanks Eva :blush:

1 Like

Good morning Eva1 … I’m 70 years old. I was diagnosed with Atypical Parkinson’s a year ago. I was put on Madopar & after 7 days I stopped it as it gave me a hot brain feeling. I am now on Sinemet which works for me very well.

Of course you need to speak to your Neurologist / Parkinson’s nurse & get the medication changed. This is a trial & error game. We try a drug if it helps great, if not try another drug.

I also have sleep issues & extreme nightmares. I have been put on Quetiapine for this as they will not prescribe sleeping pills.

Any questions do ask, we are a friendly lot here.

Best wishes
Steve2

My father has been taking madopar for about 2 months now. It has noticibly helped him physically in the mornings. However after visiting his PD nurse on monday, she increased his dosage and asked him to try taking it in the early evenings as well. Its only been two days on increased dosage but hes already showing signs of confusion, so think im going to back to the smaller dose which was working okay for him to be honest.

Most Parkinson’s drugs can drop your blood pressure making people feel dizzy. If your partner feels momentarily dizzy on standing then this will be postural hypotension. If it’s mild it can be managed by standing slowly and sitting down again for a few seconds if your partner becomes dizzy. However you should talk to your PD nurse/neurologist/GP and get some advice.

1 Like