Mass Desertion?

ive had a email today ,which saderns me even more my closest friend on here has decided to hand in her notice to cus of allof this goin on ,it got to much for her as well as ab ,it has sickerned me to bottom of me tum that this has bin able to get this far.perthetic:imp:
Well done all of you! You have succeeded in closing a very good, informative and (once was) friendly forum
post Deleted
It's sad that people are leaving this forum that was the whole point of the threads that seem to be upsetting a few members. Isn't it sad that members who don't feel at ease on here have left aswell? or is that ok because they weren't in a certain group of friends?

It sickens me the attitude of some members who have missed the whole point, it shouldn't be "I'm alright Jack", it doesn't matter if some leave just so long as it's not my friend, this forum is for EVERYONE!

And just because some use other forums does that mean they're not welcome or entitled to use this one aswell? Were all suffering from PD, were all vulnerable, we all need support and people who understand to share our experience.
Compost , As one of the pompass ases rom pd junction, id like to say youve got it all wrong , all forums should be working together we all have one enemy thats PD, all the forums are different and offer support in different ways ,PDUK supports everyone as is the first port of call for most newbies , very frightened people who dont know anything about PD ,but PDJ isnt a threat to anyone its just an alternative site with a different way of going about supporting people , it seems to me you have your own agenda , which is sad really , were all in this together ,PP
gill,let me just say one thing ,ive not once said i dont wont u postin on this forum ,allive said is im sickered ive lost some of my good friends,the forum is ment to be a happy place for surport and care for people with pd or friends or carers to be able to come and speak to one another with out fitin,gill im am sayin i have lost some good friends on here because of all of this goin on ,it does not mater if ur a member on a nother forum this forum is for all,but it needs to be moderatered beter ,no offence mods but u must agree this thiread has got alot of people upset,just wont me friends back and for all to get on proper ,if u not like wot some body posts dont answerit then keep away :smile:
Sorry Kotex, just read your response to my post, well when I say Quote read Unquote I mean I saw you made a post and new it wouldn't be worth reading. Your obviously bored WDY go and do something we find more interesting than your posts.
The Forum will not die but from the ashes of the old a more caring, sharing one will rise. Personally I am saddened that anyone should feel they have to leave because as already wisely stated irrespective of an individuals ability to communicate civilly, it was their lifeline as well!!
Barbed comments do not serve anyone well because they discourage the recipient from replying as all that they can see ahead is confrontation. A point can be made without undermining or demeaning an individual.
The Forum is for succour, guidance, education and communication but the written word is dangerous because of the way we interpret things.It should not be for the purpose of making the writer look good at the expense of someone's feelings.
It came as a shock to me that there is an issue regarding multiple identities,which I now see as naive so who is to say with certainty that anyone has really gone.
Let us now take stock, be calm and continue to post.
Well said, Bogman - every word!
A stranger is but a friend we have not met!!
I agree ali, it's not nice when your friends don't come on this forum anymore or feel they have to leave, I know it's not because a lot of my friends left this forum aswell as did I a while ago but the loss of my friends and the fact that they don't participate anymore doesn't seem to be upsetting anyone does it?

As I've said were all living with PD and this forum and it's members should respect each others opinions, not ridicule and belittle them.
Much of the problems on this site would be solved if the moderator on duty could be quicker off the mark.Then people could not get angry because there would be nothing to get angry about.After a while people who posted aggressive and abusive posts would know there was no point in doing so.I am sorry moderators, but there is no point in waiting until a post is reported until action is taken as most have seen it by then. This may mean a bigger team of moderators and that means expense and would the majority of members of the society want money spent in this way? A volunteer amateur team is fraught with dangers. The first being getting volunteers and keeping them.Moderation is not an easy or pleasant job.
i dont belittle no one,im just askin for it all to stop if it can ,i dont like the fact ANYOPNE IS LEAVIN OR WHO HAS LEFT BEFORE,i had a horrible pm last week tellin me to grow up ,and alli had done is said my opion like everyone else had,that hurts me that does cus i do no im not very brite,but to be honest ,everyone should grow up ,cus look at wot is happinin ,we are not gettin no were like this ,it just goes on and on ,i just carnt belive it is all happinin to be honest:rolling_eyes:
If I got so many horrible pm's ali I'd block them then whoever is sending them can't upset you and I never said you belittled anyone.

I've posted my opinions on different threads and had sarcastic or belitting remarks after it by certain members, that's why I don't want to participate on here and I suspect that's why others have left. It's ok saying don't read certain members threads if you don't get on with them, most members post on all kinds of threads that are started by different members if they've got an opinion or advice to give, so that option doesn't work.

All people want is respect and the right to have their own opinion even if it differs from certain members! We all have the right to use this forum.
Why dont we go the whole hog and have messages filtered/authorised by a mod, before they make it into the forum. Some rooms like the social ones could be left alone...

Sorry kidding myself on again, when will I learn.

Call my cynical, but a stranger may be a friend that we don't know yet, a bogus workman, a scam merchant, chances are the stranger will want to sell you something you neither want or need. If they want to be friends, fine, but 1st sign they are on the take, they'll get my tackety steelies right up their ronson.

So think on. Always use a door chain. Phone Crimestoppers. Be safe out there.
Do unto others as they would have done unto you, but do it first!
Compost , As one of the pompass ases rom pd junction, id like to say youve got it all wrong , all forums should be working together we all have one enemy thats PD, all the forums are different and offer support in different ways ,PDUK supports everyone as is the first port of call for most newbies , very frightened people who dont know anything about PD ,but PDJ isnt a threat to anyone its just an alternative site with a different way of going about supporting people , it seems to me you have your own agenda , which is sad really , were all in this together ,PP

I'd just like to highlight Parkypete's post ~ PD Junction is a complimentary site to Parkinson's UK, as is many of the other PD support forums that are available on the web. It is not a replacement for the Parkinson's UK!!!

Many people have stopped using this forum because they are tired of the bickering. It is sad to say that this site has a bad reputation because of this. When I post, I keep myself to myself and mainly come on to answer members questions if I can. I love reading this site and sharing experiences with others ~ that is what this site is about, supporting one another!

I didn't want to come on here and post what I did to Ray of Sunshine, however I was tired of reading his bullying remarks, especially when I didn't deserve what he said. It is time members left their grievances behind and let this site move forward in what it does best...SUPPORTING THE PD COMMUNITY!!!
I got nothing to sell, all I want is for people to be able to post without the sarcasm and lack of respect offered by those whose greatest delight is to wind up and undermine!
You see we are from different backgrounds and use words in different ways. Where I come from people still leave their doors unlocked at night. Which is better, suspicion and distrust or let's hear it before we make our minds up ?
Hi,
I don,t know what was said in the deleted posts,but it concerns me that the last Two people who have posted are Cutiepie and Bogman.Concerned,because they are Two of the most genuine,helpful and thoughtful people you could meet.I don,t need to read into their deletions,because i know they are both caring people,who have obviously had enough of this ridiculous tit for tat.
As for pd junction,it is a peaceful place,full of friendly people.There is no competition between forums.I use both and post where i feel relevant.The administration of pd junction is excellent.Never any problems or slowing down.
So many people upset needlessly,it seems the sensitive caring people more than others.Is it no wonder some are throwing the towel in.Can everyone just take a step back and realise that we all have or are connected with a medical condition which affects us both physically and emotionally.We all have our moments,but we all should understand this and pull together.
Support,understanding and forgiveness,
They are not hard,
Titan
Thank you Titan for your kind remarks, they are most appreciated!

My posts are still intact and have not been deleted and I am pleased to say that they are not dissimilar from yours. They are located on page 5!

It has gone very quiet but hopefully that will not last long, particularly in view of the announcement regarding improvements.In order to go forward we need input from as many as possible when we are informed of the changes.The last time that improvements were made resulted in us losing the ability to seek latest postings which I feel played a part in the recent upsets.I for one do not want to return to that ever again!!