Medication for cold

What can I do to relieve severe sore throat/catarrh caused by head cold? I am using co-coreldopa.

Hi @Skylark1,

I’d recommend that you consult with GP about this or Parkinson’s nurse so that advise on the best sore throat relief medicine that won’t interfere with your Parkinson’s medication.

If you need additional support, please give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

Put a good desertspoon full of honey, the juice of half a lemon and a slice of ginger into amug with hot water. Sip through the day. Honey is a natrual antibiotic and soothes the throat , lemon acts as an expectorant. Givev it a try, not everything needs a sodding GP or PD nurse…

BTW If that doesn’t help, you pharmacist will be able to recommend an over the counter medicine that will be appropriate.

I am meeting my Parkinson’s nurse for the first time in about 2 weeks and over the counter medications is top of my list to discuss :grinning:

Thank you . :grinning: I have tried honey and lemon for my bedtime drink, but you make it far stronger. So I am giving your recipe a try. And the sipping. Any tips for the ensuing cough?