Medication reminder?

The Doro also vibrates

Hi @Sun-light-17,

Have you tried contacting our helpline about your concerns? If not, I think you you should give us a call and speak to our advisers about your after op care, they’d be be able to offer you more support and information on your situation. Do give us a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

@Sun-light-17 hi, my mum is blind and has Parkinson’s and has a ‘talking’ watch and a ‘talking’ clock. Both purchased from RNIB website. My mum is 87 now has never used a computer let alone a smartphone and thinks the telephone is the best thing since sliced bread! (So the saying goes!)

I believe one of these at least has an alarm function which may suit your mums requirements.

If not how about you setting up alarm for her and ringing her when it goes off…just a thought but I imagine this might be time consuming for you. I’m (un)fortunately living with mine so am her reminder!

Maybe a Google home mini might be an idea to as I use mine just by saying ‘hello Google, set an alarm for 2 hrs time’ etc etc… just a couple of suggestions off the top of my head.

Good luck and good health for your mum
Debbie x

Just an update on this: The only thing that seems to have worked for my mum is a Mamrabel clock that she uses at home. It would have been expensive but we managed to get it for free via the Occupational Therapist at the Stroke and Neurological service. Going out of the home is a different issue, and haven’t solved that one… MemRabel 2 Audio/Visual Dementia Care Alarm | Health and Care

1 Like

SL17, I bought a casio gbd-100 g shock. It cost £90 but has 4 alarms per day that you only have to set once. It’s also waterproof and the battery can last 5-10 years apparently. I find that even though I’m reminded to take my meds I sometimes don’t - so I found a free Google clock app (on Google playstore) You can set as many alarms as you want per day and control volume etc of alarm and only have to set them up once. I put this on my TLC android phone (there is a way to install google playstore on some blocked android phones (search online to find out how). I also found a way to install google playstore on my Kindle Fire tablet. (this is a lot more complicated but again instructions can be found online) Now I get my watch sounding followed by my phone and tablet - this batters me into submission to take my meds. Hope this helps, if not an IT whiz yourself gat a friend or relative to do it. If you already have Google play store on a device you’re sorted free of charge and no annoying adds just install Google Clock.

I posted this about a Pivotell Vibratime Alarm Vibrating Watch elsewhere on the forum which may be worth a look by some who have contributed to this thread. It’s a pity the posts ended up in different threads but better late than never
Tot