Medication Shortage

The BBC News tonight (also on their website) confirmed that the drug shortage many of us are experiencing is being caused by the low value of the £. This makes it more profitable for the drug manufacturers to sell their products in mainland Europe.

The article starts thus:-

Drug wholesalers selling stock abroad to maximise profit means UK patients are missing out on essential medicines, experts say.

The Royal Pharmaceutical Society says urgent action is needed and that patients' lives are being put at risk.

Drug wholesalers selling stock abroad to maximise profit means UK patients are missing out on essential medicines, experts say.

The Royal Pharmaceutical Society says urgent action is needed and that patients' lives are being put at risk.
its all good news isn't it:neutral_face:
Could be worse. Couldn't it???? :question:
Yes ,I went for a 'script for Azilect to be told that the Boots Pharmacy here in Newcastle U Tyne were unable to get any,it was a similar story last year with Patches ,they were in short supply .I will contact PD nurse to see if they know of any supplies but it must be a Govt response to this fiendish practice by drug cartels
I can't recollect ever having been given the full quota of my prescription. I've always got to go back for the balance - which is usually most of it.
My husband was recently given a 2 months prescription of Azilect by the GP instead of a monthly one.Our pharmacy could only get him one month's supply and told him it was on order due to short supply.Not good