Medication

Im 55 and reacently diagnosed with Parkinson’s my gp was convinced it was esenciol tremors but a dat scan proved it was indeed Parkinson ‘ I had a slight tremor in my right foot but that was about it apart from sleeping ishues hitting out so on …so I was also diagnosed with R.E.M. sleep disorder … first specalist put me on sinercet 62.5 mg I took one and was so out my nut I never took again about 2 weeks ago the specalist put me on co-beneldopa 12.5 mg he told me to take one a day for a week and two the next week and 3 the next I’m now a few days into week two … I now feel really depressed and want to walk away from my wife and children I’ve gone from being really chilled out and laid bck to snapping at every one my patience level is now zero and I feel anxious I carnt take this med it’s not fair on my fammily… does any one else feel like this and does any one no of any other medication

Hi @Paulwebster14,

A warm welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling depressed recently, however, I want to reassure you that you’re not alone and we’re here to help you. I think you should definitely raise your concerns about your medication with your GP or Parkinson’s nurse as soon as possible, especially if it has impacted on your mental health.

There’s also a lot of help available to you including, counselling and cognitive behavioural therapy as well as support groups to and a peer support service. You can find information on this here, https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/depression

If you contact our helpline service, one of our advisers can speak to you about your options in more detail and can offer more support. Please give them a call on 0808 800 0303.

I hope you find this information useful and please keep us posted on this.

Best wishes,
Reah