Medication

Hi im New, im 61 and diagnosed with PD approximately 3 years ago, they started me on Madopar a few months after diagnosis, they told me im on a childs dosage, im on 350mg a day, at which point does dosage increase because i feel it progressing, tremors both hands , weak left leg, wobbly balance and depression is also a problem plus absolutely exhausted all the time, used to go gym every week but haven’t got energy any more.

Hi Metaldad,
Welcome to our community forum. You’re sure to hear from our members soon, but in the meantime we wanted to make sure you’re aware of the resources offered here. To start, we have a website with loads of info, from helpful daily hints to news from the research front. It’s Parkinsons.org.uk. Added to that, we have a free and confidential helpline staffed with highly knowledgable and kind advisers, and they are able to help in an often-surprising number of ways, including when you just need to talk to someone. You can reach them on 0808 800 0303.
We hope this helps a bit, and we offer our warmest welcome,
Jason
Forum Moderator

Hi Metaldad,

You need to talk to your consultant or Parkinson’s nurse and they will increase you medications or change them. There is not a set time for increasing medications, it’s all done on symptoms. It sounds like you need more.

hope you feel better soon,
Podd

1 Like

What is child’s dosage, I didn’t think pd affected children even early onset. Anyway I was on 375mg and now on 500mg as symptoms were getting worse, now better, so speak to your consultant as pogg suggests, should help things.

1 Like

Sorry meant podd not pogg.

Hi thanks for the message, i was confused when my neurologist said that, because i asked him around a year ago about Dosage and he said it can go up to 2000mg if required , im seeing him next month ill ask him, its been a year since ive seen him because they cancelled my appointment in October 23.

My consultant said I could go up to 750mg a day but if I took more I would be more susceptible to side effects from the medication, so then he would prescribe an alternative medication. Anyway they all say different things and I can’t be sure we’re on the same medication. Still you need to check with your neurologist and I hope it all turns out for the best

1 Like

Some people have found intermittent fasting and the keto diet works well :thinking: