Medications

I was diagnosed last year and I am struggling to find any medication I can take to help. I was given Senimet first and again after a few months on a lower dose but it cause dystonia in my foot. Then I was put on Rasagiline which i still take as it helped my dizziness and headaches but not my movement. I then was given Rotigotine patches but I felt so ill as I instantly got migraines and was sick so I recently was put on Ropinirole but after slower increasing the dose I haven’t noticed any improvement in my movement infact I thnk its worse as I feel more stiff and twitchy so I dont know whether to carry on to the next dose or not. The PD nurses want me to give it longer. Just wondered how much improvement others have had with medication and if anyone on Rasagiline has another med for improvement in walking etc as this is the only thing where I notice some positives. Thank you

Hi Lynda,

We noticed this was your first post and just wanted to welcome you to the forum. We’re sorry to hear about your challenges with your medication of late. You will find this is far from uncommon; Parkinson’s medication is an ever-evolving discussion. You’re sure to hear from the community soon, who are friendly and supportive and generous with their experience. As an additional resource, you may wish to read more on Rasagiline here: MAO-B inhibitors (rasagiline, selegiline, safinamide) | Parkinson's UK. This is basic info but if you have a search for the term you will find loads of data, including archived forum discussions. Also, please feel welcome to reach out to our helpline, on 0808 800 0303. Our advisors offer a range of services and are happy to answer medication questions and to help you find additional support in your area.

We hope this helps, and with our warmest welcome,

Jason
Forum Moderator