Medicinal cannabis

Hi Everyone,

In 2017 Parliament voted in favor of a second reading for the Elizabeth Brice Bill to legalize Medicinal Cannabis in the UK. The second reading is due on the 23rd of February 2018.

Why are PDUK not making a big fuss about this ?

We need as many people as possible to sign this. Here is the link…

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-support-for-the-elizabeth-brice-bill

Thanks,

Dave.

1 Like

Hi Dave - all done - Linda

I’ve signed too…

i,m signed up too
Petec

I’ve signed up, and shared with a number of friends. Let’s hope it works.
Knine

I’ve signed too
Jo

I have signed up too

Anne29

Hi Dave,

All signed up.

Norma

Hi Everybody, hope you are all not too bad today.
Thanks to everybody who has signed the petition to support the Medical use of cannabis bill.

I was amazed by Ian Frizell’s short video on Youtube, take a look…

There is no doubt in my mind we will only get taken notice of if we make some noise and fuss. So please sign the petition and help to make a difference.
Here’s the link again…

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-support-for-the-elizabeth-brice-bill

Thanks, Dave.

Signed.

Hi @Dave333,

I hope all is well.

I just thought you’d be interested to know that we have had queries from our supporters about the use of cannabis and we looked for evidence from the current research.

Claire, who heads our research team, wrote a blog which outlines the fact that there is a lack of evidence to support the use of cannabis for Parkinson’s, but also explaining that further research was needed for a definitive answer. I strongly recommend this blog piece as it is a clear statement of current thinking and the studies that have taken place to date. Our policy panel – a group comprised of people affected by Parkinson’s - discussed this issue and the outcome was that we’d look to do evidence gathering.

As with any drug, we cannot advocate anything unless we have satisfactory evidence of its benefits.

As we don’t have clear evidence at the moment we’re unable to formally support the Bill, but we wish you the best of luck with the campaign.

Best regards,
Reah

I signed

Signed immediately !!

Hi Reah,

it seems the MS Society is backing medicinal cannabis. Muscle spasms or stiffness (spasticity) and pain affect both MS & PD sufferers. Here is a very useful link.

Regards,
Dave.

Hi @Dave333,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

We have had queries from our supporters about the use of cannabis and we looked for evidence from the current research. My colleague, Claire, who heads our research team, wrote a blog which outlines the fact that there is a lack of evidence to support the use of cannabis for Parkinson’s, but also explaining that further research was needed for a definitive answer. I strongly recommend this blog piece as it is a clear statement of current thinking and the studies that have taken place to date. Our policy panel – a group comprised of people affected by Parkinson’s - discussed this issue and the outcome was that we’d look to do evidence gathering.

As with any drug, we cannot advocate anything unless we have satisfactory evidence of its benefits. As we don’t have clear evidence at the moment we’re unable to formally support the Bill mentioned in the link that you’ve shared, but I wish the MS Society the best of luck with the campaign.

All the best,

Reah