Meds & Motivation

Hi all,

A question for those of you on meds.

I was diagnosed earlier this year, I suffer with bad stiffness and cramp. I also get tremor after exercise or when stressed.

I can handle these symptoms, but I do struggle to motivate myself, I’d rather watch TV than go out and do the garden or paint the bedroom. Do the meds help with motivation?

Thx

I blame the meds for my lack of motivation as they
seem to make me tired.

I have more energy and I am sleeping better since coming off the meds.
Azilect Mirapexin and Sinemet.
Downside is that I am far more emotional

1 Like

How long on where you on sinemet and how did you manage to come off it. I’m desperate. I want to do,cold turkey as I can’t stand the dystonia inhet in my throat chest and stomach when kick in and out. I dont get peak dystonia or dyskinisea i get it kicking in and out the facial and neck dskinisea and i can’t breathe properly but once I’ve got through the first 24 hours I stopped getting the dystonia i got much slower but I can cope bettter with that than the sideceffects. But I’ve been told I could kikk myself if I just stopped but I don’t believe at . I know that it will be hell for 24 hours but I think I will start geting my thoughts back and my head will not be so muddled
I just want to find out what one goes through when stopping Sinemet

I would first like to say that I don’t recommend what I have done.
It was a personal choice and something that may not work for other people.
I was taking Mirapexin, Azilect and sinemet.
To get off of them wasn’t easy. I had been on them for 18 months plus, and I felt like a zombie.
Mirapexin and Azilect were pretty easy. I reduced them slowly and gradually.
I did exactly the same thing for sinemet but it was much harder to get off of. I said at the time that I felt it was addictive. I still do.
Regards
Hubby

JJ, have you considered Amantadin, an old drug that boosts, or can boost your energy level and make you become more agile? That was my experience with it, I also take Azilect and a low dosis of Pramipexol…