Meeting this head on

I have recently been diagnosed at the age of 50 with mild symptoms. At first I was in denial but then I realised that I had to fight this. I have a 16 year old with CFS who experiences severe symptoms and my Dad has deteriorating Macular Degeneration - they both rely on me.
So, I have started the Couch to 5k challenge, started swimming lessons to improve my stamina in the pool, attend Pilates and yoga classes.
I have taken the advice of others on this forum - I have Parkinson’s but it does not and will not define me.

Hi Bexby,
Sounds like you’ve got an excellent approach. I completed the couch to 5K challenge at the end of last year after previously having a lifelong fear and dislike of running. The sense of achievement was amazing and I’m now hooked. I’d recommend you find out whether there’s a local parkrun to you where people get together to run a 5k every Saturday morning.
Sounds like you’ve got the exercise thing covered. I also strongly believe that diet is another key way to fight the challenge we’ve been given - you may already be on to this.
Stay positive and keep fighting
Nick

Thanks Nick
I’ve been looking at my diet as well. I also read about a trial taking place involving a special probiotic. Can’t remember the name right now but am going to follow it up - something like ‘Symprove’ I think, but I could be wrong.
There is a parkrun fairly close, not sure I’m ready yet but something like that would be a good goal to aim for.
Becky