Monday 17th June. Neuro appt

Hi,
I am nearly 51 female and have had various symptoms for 10years. In the last 12 mths symptoms have gotten progressively worse. As MS runs in our family and the symptoms at time I went to neuro late last year, she thinks I may have MS, which is what I thought I might have. As had tests for functioning epilepsy. November last year I short circuited at work, where tremors I didn’t think about mentioning to neuro got so bad I felt like I was being shaken from inside out, to point I couldn’t even hold a cup of watercwith it not spilling everywhere, other symptoms also were in play. I noticed also what go calls ticks in my fingers. As well as a few weeks ago I had hold of something and I couldn’t let it go, like signals from brain to hand wasn’t getting through. My daughter was fascinated with my hand as once I could open it she said it was in slow motion like a flower opening up. I am having issues with my walking and finding I am shuffling, especially if walking long distances, which tire me out. Tremors have now started in my chin/face-lips-eyes, arms leg etc ( not at all the same time) I find my right arm doesn’t swing much or at best lays by my side. When I try to walk with both arm swings the walk isn’t pretty. So I think I will be going into neuro on Monday expecting I don’t have MS, and suspect I may have Parkinson’s instead. Hoping on Monday the neuro can give me a name of what she thinks I may have. Symptoms getting worse and am nervous I will be dismissed without being any closer to knowing what I have.
So please send good vibes and prayers my way.
I don’t want to feel the way I do anymore, I want my life back, or at least a life I can adjust too, and get on with it instead of no answers and finding each day I struggle abit more. If diagnosed on Monday to be honest there will be no tears unless tears of relief.
Monday I will be Ready for whatever comes my way.

Can entirely understand why Monday’s appointment is so important to you. I am sure I won’t be alone in wishing you well. Please let us know how you get on

Hi @Lisa1968
I hope you get your answers soon and can get on with life not normally but at least better equipped for your journey.
Bless
Tommy

First of all just wanted to say my neurologist has a really bad bedside manner. I had my daughter and my manager (friend) with me. I explained who they were, and she didn’t want them in there, I stood my ground. Have been to her before 10 years ago when symptoms were bad. When I mentioned I have had these symptoms for the last 10 years, she actually scoffed and said well you said since you have changed jobs you had no symptoms. What I actually said was since I left my full time job, to go from produce to checkouts things had got easier. I then told her my inability to be able to open my hand up fully on a couple of occassions had locked up, fingers cramping and hand distorting.she told me actually cut me off and said everyone gets that from time to time. Anyway she did some tests, eventually used my support team to ask questions of what they had noticed. She then declared I have signs of Parkinsonisms ( not sure of spelling) which could indicate Parkinson’s, but did another mri to rule out other illnesses, like stroke, Timor, MSA and whatever else. Next appt is August, so I guess if mri is negative I will be told I have clinical diagnosis of early onset of Parkinson’s. I am not sure if she said they don’t like putting suffers on medication early or later. Time will tell. August 12th D Day

Hi.my name is Sharon and my dad has parkinsons. He’s 83 and I share the house with him and my mum whose he’s main carer.we had a crisis about a year ago and finally agreed to a carer coming in 5 mornings a week to wash and dress dad.we originally had carers every morning for 6 weeks .then they wanted over £200 a month to continue. In the end we paid privately for 5 mornings at £140 a month.Dad is very fussy with food .he has been told he’s swallowing is not good to eat soft food.and has thicken powder in all drinks.we have a brilliant matron I can text if I think he has a chest infection which he does about 5 times a year.we also have emergency antibiotics we can start.sorry I’ve been going on.mum hasn’t been in in over a year cause dad won’t let anyone else sit with him .he is pretty much incontinent. I’ll stop now how I get a reply