Moods with dbs

I have had dbs fitted for nearly 2yr 4months have started to notice i am getting a very short fuse temper,me & wife talk about it & i would never hit her ,love her but i fire up over the most stupid things I'm on amitripyline for nerve pain and it also works as antidepressant may a trip to the gp is in order .Dose any one else suffer from this also with dbs !

Dont have dbs but have found  that i can sometimes being extremely touchy and moody , dont know if mood swings are a pd thing or not but some days i could fall out with myself  and i can go from happy to moody at the drop of a hat , red face

Ditto no dbs. But moods? You betcha. i can be sharp, sarcastic, rude (and only to family of course). Fall out with myself? You should hear the language I call myself!

For once, i think this a genuine PD symptom, since I've had it since before meds and it's been rather better since. Part of it's frustration when I'm not as agile as i was. Part of it is tiredness - I can get particularly fractious when I'm tired, and perversely try to do more. How childish it all is (but also upsetting to my o/h).

Solutions? Recognise the symptoms, take a deep breath, back off, and tell myself to calm down. Well, that's the theory.

Semele

Semele

Ithink you are correct in the fact that it can be frustration  that makes us moody , i was out with a friend last week and i was coming the end of my meds dose and due a next dose and i was trying to eat some chips what ever i tried it was so difficult trying to pick the chips up on the fork i got so frustrated that i sat and cried  over a bowl of cheesy chips cry, sheer frustration , i explain to my friends/family that some days i am moody and that its the pd so i dont think they take it to heart  well i hope they dont red face

thank you both for your response ,normally i can control it but I'm like a raging bull sometime its quite scary,if it carrys on i will phone dbs nurse up ! cheers