Moving forward

We recently banned a member of this forum for life and this led to a discussion around whether lifetime bans should be allowed. Some thought this is unfair given the important role of the forum for many people and as a result this was changed into a temporary suspension which has now ended.

During the last two weeks we have been able to have constructive discussions with the member both about the need to abide by community guidelines and also about the need to end the adversarial relationship that can build up between community members and the moderation team.

We hope to be able to share more about our ideas to fundamentally review the way in which we facilitate this community space next week. The forum is a vital source of support for many people affected by Parkinson's and I really hope that we can build on our experience and move forward together.

We hope to be able to share more about our ideas to fundamentally review the way in which we facilitate this community space next week.
The forum is a vital source of support for many people affected by Parkinson's and I really hope that we can build on our experience and move forward positively.

Forum moderation team.

Post edited by moderator
Actually we are not all aware of the finer details of who is in and who is out. I prefer it that way:so why do you mention the username.
You seem to be bending your own rules.
Personally I think that we all should be allowed to follow robust discussion.
I have to agree with MrsT. I really do not think that any person should be identified by name in your post, you wonder why we are critical about moderators?
I rather think your post tells it all!!

Glenchass
This post was deleted so it is in line with the above amended post.

Apologies for any confusion. Thank you for your input.

Luis
Luis' original post has been amended to reflect the fact that at no stage did I EVEER approve the disclosure of anyone's names.

This was changed AFTER I signed off a previous version. I have all the copy.

RoS.