Moving to a new area

Hi, we’re moving a couple of hundred miles west at very short notice (like the week after next!) and along with all the house moving stuff I need to get registered with a GP and consultant I can rely on. Does anyone know how to research the provision of specialist care in different areas? I’ve looked at the CQC website but it’s not specific enough. Also we’ll be near Yeovil initially so if anyone has personal experience of the system there it would be great to hear. Many thanks.

Hi @Gwendolyn,

The best thing to do would be to speak to your Parkinson’s nurse so they can refer you to specialist care. If you do not have a Parkinson’s nurse, you can ask your current GP for a referral and you can also give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303. One of our advisers can arrange for a nurse to contact you within 24 hours.

Best wishes,

1 Like

Thanks Reah.

1 Like