mugs

Hi ,my name is Cathy but I am known as mugs .I was diagnosed with Parkinsonism after 3 years seeing a neurologist and being told after repeatedly asking ,that it wasn’t PD .They have not diagnosed me lightly as I take an anti psychotic called aripiprazole for schizophrenia which i was diagnosed with when i was 40 ,I am now 56, and have taken so many anti psychotics that I cannot remember what they were all called .2 years ago I fell over 8 times in the space of 12 months and was given a walking aid .I was also diagnosed by my Doctor prior to this with a resting tremor, but I actually started seeing the neurologist because of nerve pains in my back which continue to this day -could be a coincidence .I am interested hearing from anybody else who has been on anti psychotic drugs and who has had the same diagnosis

Hi @mugs,

Welcome to the Parkinson’s UK forum.

I’m sure you’l hear from some of our members soon, but in the meantime, you can always visit the Parkinson’s UK website which has a lot of information will be helpful to you. Regarding your specific query about anti psychotic drugs, you can speak to one of our advisers via our confidential helpline for more support and advice on this. Feel free to give us a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager