My dad got Parkinsonism

Hi dad will be seeing Parkinson’s nurse in the new year, after he was told he got told he has parkinsonism and Lewy body dementia.

what happens when you see a Parkinson nurse, my dad has been having really bad tremors, in legs arms and hands, there are times when his head starts with tremors, i sometimes feel he has full Parkinson’s. He has not been given any medication at the moment for his movement and tremors.

he sleeps a lot has he feels tired and depressed. he is on medication for depression.

Hi @jane1989 , :wave:

A warm welcome to the Parkinson’s UK forum. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m really sorry to hear about your dad, and I’m sure this must be a difficult time for you both.

I’m sure the members of the community will be sharing their own experiences, and in the meantime, we have some information on the Parkinson’s UK website on what Parkinson’s nurses do. Feel free to check it out here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/parkinsons-nurses

Our helpline and Parkinson’s local advisers are also here to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to give us a call for free on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Nikos
Forum Moderation Team