My hubby smells different

Hi everyone ,
Im curious if anyone had the same thing happen , before my hubby was diagnosed he started to smell different and I used to say to him that he did ,
We keep dogs and our dogs changed the way they were with him
They were more attentive and protective and they would often sit and smell him , we used to think it very strange but now with his diagnosis we can see why
Just thought it would be interesting if anybody else had that

2 Likes

There are people who can smell Parkinson’s disease and I think they are trialling dogs. There’s some links to articles below.

https://medium.com/parkinsons-uk/dogs-diagnosing-parkinsons-what-s-the-story-b86542030e2a

My wife says there is a smell around me like a muskiness, she told me this 12 years ago when I was diagnosed.

Yes, it’s a recognised thing, and as others have mentioned they are training dogs, with the idea of using them as a diagnostic aid.

My wife said that 12 years ago

WOW,! It’s very interesting how many people can also get the smell too and yes it’s smells musky and it’s like a damp smell

1 Like

If you Goggle such things, I’m sure you’d get the information you need. We have enough symptoms to be getting on with without knowing we potentially smell too! Just a thought!

Sorry I didn’t mean too offend anyone , I wouldn’t want to hurt any one with what I said , but thank you for pulling me up on this time for me to leave the forum I think just in case I offend anyone else many thanks for all the help in the past years

There’s no offence taken, always happy to chat.

1 Like

Please don’t leave.
You are asking/making a very legitimate question/ statement.
If anyone doesn’t like it, it is their problem not yours.

Please stay.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct as I have not lost my sense of smell and even after a shower can still detect the odour from myself.
I’ve always had a good sense of smell where I am able to detect spoiled food even as it’s cooking.