Myoclonic jerks?

Has anyone found anything that helps lessen them?

Or anything to avoid to lessen their occurrence?

OH’s are so severe at times that they are almost propelled out of a chair.

Hi @benji,

Have you tried contacting your OH’s GP? I think you should consult with them as he/she may need to review his medication. For more medical advice, feel free to contact our helpline and speak to one of our advisers.They’ll be able to offer more help and support on this and can even put you in contact with a Parkinson’s nurse.

Please give them a call on 0808 800 0303 and do let me know if there is anything else I can do to support you.

Many thanks,
Reah

Thanks, but OH has never seen our GP about his Parkinsons, as they have little knowledge of Parkinsons and we would never allow them to review medication.
They just are not au fait enough to be up to date on every condition. We will leave that to the neurologist.

It was bad enough recently when OH had a ‘bad day’ whilst in hospital and they wanted to review their medication every time. That would have been a few times a week!! After 20 years I think that we have a greater understanding of Parkinsons than those who just read text books.

Nobody with Parkinsons is the same and no, ‘one cap fits all’ with regards to meds.

Hi benji,

That is completely fair regarding your understanding of Parkinson’s, however, I think it will still be worth you contacting our helpline to gain their advice on this.

Best wishes,
Reah