Natural stuff you take

Hey! I’m wondering what natural remedies, both things like vitamins and treatments, you’ve tried.
My neurologist has recommended I start taking a dopamine agnostuc. This is something I obviously have to discuss and get proper advice on however it’s sonething I need to avoid for as long as possible because of the risk of ICD - impulse control disorder (1 in 7 who take it) which would be a disaster for me.
Thanks in advance!
E

Hi E,

I have had 2 neuros recommend vitamin E to help mitigate the symptom.
It is by no means a cure, but apparently does help.

1 Like

Hubby takes Tebofortin 240 (ginkgo biloba) once daily. A word of caution when chosing ginko products - there are a lot of low quality products around.
He also takes vitamin B1, (75 mg twice weekly).
He is more alert & it has improved his memory.

We also looked at Ashwagandha, unfortunately there is a contraindication with his Amitriptyline which has worked wonders with his nerve pain.

Before starting with any supplements please look carefully that it is ok with the medication you might be taking.

1 Like

I am taking vitamin B1, it seems to be helping me. Google “parkinson’s disease vitamin b1”. There’s a book and a Facebook group.

1 Like

Thank you @CliveV @Annaa @Pcyc
I’ll look them all up.
My neuro thought natural stuff can’t harm too.

Hi E,

Yes, I have heard that B1 is good, however I suggest you try getting a neurobion injection about every 3 months or of course you can take the neurobion tablets instead.
Neurobion consists of B1, 6 and 12.
I really do find I have more energy afterwards.
Perhaps it will work for you also.

2 Likes

Since my last post hubby has added
Ambroxol & Magnesium L - Threonate to his arsenal.

He does feel more alert & clear-headed with less off periods.
Since it was just added lets see how it works in the long run.