Need some help to choose a right mattress

How to choose a right mattress size and which mattress brand is the best? I need help, please.

Hi @Rorarie,

I wanted to take a moment and welcome you to the community! I hope you’ve had a chance to browse the forum and post a little - please feel free to ask and share as much or as little as you would like.

I’m very sorry to see no one has come by to share their suggestions yet. Our members are quite friendly and knowledgeable on all things Parkinson’s, so I do hope you get to meet some of them soon.

We do have a few threads on mattresses that you can check out - there may be a helpful tip or two in there! You can also browse the forum for ideas on sheets, bed equipment, and other mattress related items.

Lastly, you are always welcome to reach out to our helpline on 0808 800 0303 and ask one of our advisers if they have any suggestions on mattresses - they may be able to point you in the direction of some additional resources that could help you make your decision easier.

Sincerely,
Joy
Forum Moderation Team

Oh boy, what a minefield! I’ve been through six different mattresses trying to find one that works for me. I found the memory foam ones grabbed hold of me so I couldn’t move, the latex one was too hot, the firm sprung mattress was too hard and I woke in pain,the soft sprung mattress was too soft and gave me back ache. Then this Goldilocks found a RelyonPillowtop mattress. Bliss!

Take advantage of the 100night trials on mattresses and don’t be afraid to send them back. I sent four back but telling them my Parkinson’s was the problem, not their mattresses helped I’m sure.

Good luck!