Needlework, knitting etc

Please post that photo, just cut down the size of image so as not to show her head.

Go on be a devil :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

So it is true knitted swimwear, OMG ! x

I’ll see what I can do :smiley:

Hi Knine,
Following on from “What is happening?”
I noticed your thread here had snapped (sorry about that) and I hope you Ladies dont mind me trying to revive it with my 10penny worth.
My wife is an avid cross-stitcher and finds it very relaxing and rewarding when the peace is finished.
I dont mind admitting, I have also had a go at a few small projects. (usually Christmas themes)
Her difficulty like some of you here is arthritis in her hands. She has some support gloves she uses but I dont think they help her much and she has to stop due to the pain.
Any advice would be helpful.

Regards.
Mal.

I only wish I had your talent.

Hi Babswood
You are very kind - but I have no idea what talent you are referring to. Presumably something from an earlier message. That is the trouble with this Forum - things don’t seem to link up very well. I am sure there could be a better system.
Anyway, how are you keeping at the moment? I seem to remember you having lots of problems not so long ago.

Best wishes

Audrey

I’m talking about your talent of crocheting

I’m hopeless at everything.

Hi Mal
I too have had to stop knitting and crochet because of the pain in the wrists. My great granddaughters have received nothing from me - and I was so full of good intentions. I keep hoping that there will be a window of opportunity, but perhaps I will need to go back to the sewing machine. Unfortunately that does not fit with watching TV!
Audrey

Hi Audrey,

Sorry to hear that you have had to stop Knitting etc. It must have left quite a void.
It must be nice to have Great Grandchildren.
My wife and I celebrated our Golden wedding anniversary earlier this year and our three grandsons are all in their 20s but not yet married (although that does not seem to matter much nowadays) anyway we remain hopeful.
I see your thread is maybe starting up again with Babswood. it is good to share a hobby.
My wife is currently packing to meet up with her cross-stitching friends for a week away together.
It should be a nice change for her, away from me and my PD.
Sorry, I’m going on a bit now.
Best wishes

Mal.

Hi there stitchers. I’ve had PD now for 5.5 years and still enjoy quilting, patchwork, cross-stitch, lace-making and tapestry. Sanity in a mad world. Hand/wrist supports can help you through the worst of the pain. Keeping up with new patterns and ideas keeps your mind focused on something enjoyable. Even thinking of going back to dressmaking and that was a long time ago. Looking forward to going to the big Quilt Show at the NEC in August. Keep stitching.

Hi I’ve had to give up knitting but do a bit of crochet. I’ve been making bobbin lace for years. Not much good at it,possibly because of medication and stiffness, but I have a fantastic teacher who is very supportive. Attending a class every week during term time helps a lot because chat is about anything from the teacher’s world wide travels to what grandchildren are doing… and , in the end, you have something to hang on the wall.

1 Like

Hi thre Fizzy

You are an inspiration! I have been thinkig about doing some dressmaking, but just haven’t got round to it. Your list of activiies puts me to shame. I really must make more of an effort!
Thanks for giving me the proverbial kick in the appropriate area!
Knine
Audrey

Hi Lynlace

I’ve never tried bobbin lace, althoug, years ago I did a City & Gullds course and did som needle run lace on a net background. My patience is not what it was and I look for quicker results nowadays - not very successfully!

Knine
Audrey