Negative Thought Section

Please - no positive views on this thread. Gloomy views only.

Is there a line between optimism and self-delusion? Between keeping spirits up and ignoring reality?
Obviously it is unhealthy to dwell overlong on the worst aspects of PD. But it isnt a picnic in the park.
It can be fatal - usually through pneumonia. It can be as bad as anything else- dementia, extreme dyskinesia, severe pain etc.
medical improvements are terribly slow.

But it is usually slowly developing, there are promising medical developments. treatment is better than ever before.

Isnt the best viewpoint a balanced one - that accepts reality but hopes for change? that fights on no matter the odds?
oh crumbs! Now which way do I jump (or stumble)? It is the penalty for listening to all points of view
This isn't a positive reply - just advice:

Log into YouTube and sing a few karaoke songs. I like Barbra Streisand or Lisa Minelli or Les Mis or Lloyd Webber (a bit of light relief from the rigours of Grand Opera).

Shut all the doors and windows and let rip!

"Life is a Cabaret, old chum ...".

If you can't sing, you can always do a wobbly dance.

Sorry if that's not negative enough, Turnip.
sound advice lily. i'm afraid my restriction to gloominess was a case of sarcasm (or is it irony, never been sure), a low form of wit.
I dont believe this thread you only have to look at the forum it looks over balanced with a pessimistic outlook and all i wanted was a postive outlook for a change ...Come on please give hope a chance Rob:grin::grin::grin:
:wink: :wink:

Studies show that exercise can alleviate symptoms, which means PD sufferers have an element of control over their condition;
NOT IF THEY CAN'T GET OUT OF BED.

It's likely that a cure, or treatment resembling a cure, will be found within ten years;
THAT'S WHAT MICHAEL J FOX SAID 10 YEARS AGO (AND NOW REGRETS SAYING).

It will not be necessary to restore dopamine levels to 100%, as 40% or 50% will be sufficient to restore a PD sufferer to normality;
NOT THAT 40% WILL BE ACHIEVED IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS EITHER.

There are many people who are far, far worse off than us.
GREAT, I COULD LOSE MY SIGHT OR SOME LIMBS AS WELL!

I could get run over by a bus tomorrow.
AND IT'D BE JUST MY LUCK TO SURVIVE, BUT WITH A TOTALLY MANGLED BODY.

:wink: :wink:
I think I feel another song coming on. It’s a [u]bit[/u] happy I’m afraid, but there are miserable bits in there, so it should suit everyone:

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

(Your winks have been noted, Ray!) :smile:
Hi,
Yes,each day is a struggle.So young to have pd and all its associated problems,can i dare hope of a solution ever being found.
Dont wish for a cure for yourself thats only for next generation and only work with what you got for sure >>>>>>>>>.new drugs :grin:
Dont wish for a cure for yourself thats only for next generation and only work with what you got for sure >>>>>>>>>.new drugs :grin:
Drat, now you've got Mr Zimmerman feeling desolate:

"They’re selling postcards of the hanging
They’re painting the passports brown
The beauty parlour is filled with sailors
The circus is in town
Here comes the blind commissioner
They’ve got him in a trance
One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker
The other is in his pants
And the riot squad they’re restless
They need somewhere to go
As Lady and I look out tonight
From Desolation Row"

Bob Dylan

I reckon there’s always a place for a miserable song (or poem). I even like Leonard Cohen! :confused:
didn't do Alexandra Burke any harm, did it?
No, they were both singing 'Halleluja' all the way to the bank!
I can't imagine Leonard was impressed with HER version, compared to his original.
And as one of Len's biggest fans is Prince Charles......
I agree; it's a bit like listening to a 10-year-old singing 'My Way'. Not that I've ever managed to listen to her version all the way through - can't stand it.
Robfen........

.....some years ago, many years ago in fact, some of us WERE the next generation and sorry, nothing promised in the last 10 years had come to fruition, cannot wait another 10 years. It is already too late.
I saw her succumb after a operation and had been compromised by her PD but that was nearly 20 yrs ago..If she had today's medication she would have lived a better life ..We should thank god for small mercies :wink:
I saw my mother succumb sorry
Robfen - just read your post. what can i say? i had no idea.
feel free to be as positive as you can.