Neuropathy?

Hello everyone, would just like to hear your thoughts. I am having serious issues with my left leg generally and foot specifically. I have occasional pins and needles in my feet accompanied with a serious heaviness to the extent that I can hardly move my leg when I am in bed. Is this typical of parkinsonism or do you think it is more a circulation problem? I don’t have any tremor but my walking is somewhat compromised because my foot feels heavier and I try to be more careful with it. Thanks for your help

Hi @boomerang83,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having issues with your leg. Parkinson’s can cause problems with your leg/ feet which include rigidity, swelling, foot dystonia and possibly pins and needles - so what you’re feeling experiencing isn’t uncommon. It also sounds like you may be experiencing elements of restless leg syndrome, we have a lot information on both via our website here and here.

I’m sure sure members of the community will chime in with their support, however, if you’d like to speak to someone about this in more detail and gain support, please give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah