New here

Hello there

I an female and 55 years old. I was diagnosed in May. I was very unsteady on my feet and having falls. I also needed help dressing.

I take Levodopa 3 times daily and my symptoms improved after 4 weeks or so.

I walk for at least 30 mins avery day and do short online yoga and tai chi. I was very active before my cancer diagnosis - swam, ran and cycled.

I only seem to have 1 symptom which is a limp with my left leg turning inwards.

I retired on I’ll health earlier this year and really miss it.

I also have stage 4 kidney cancer which was diagnosed 2.5 years ago and this is stable. I take daily medication for this.

Hi @Gill-abd :wave:t2: I’m pleased that you were able to find your way here. I’d like to welcome you again to our friendly and supportive forum. Hopefully our amazing members will be along soon to say hello and tell you a little bit about themselves.

It sounds like you’re having some success with your medication already, that’s great to hear and is half the battle for some. It’s also good to hear that you’ve kept some activity in your life by scaling down from what you used to do. Exercise can be so helpful with Parkinson’s.

Please take some time to explore our website at https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/ for a wealth of information. If you need advice or support, remember our Helpline on 0808 800 0303. Our advisers are there to help you.

Looking forward to hearing more from you
Janice
Forum Moderation Team

Hi Gill-abd,
Welcome, it’s good to meet you.
You seem to have the PD sussed, which is great.
Regarding the kidney cancer, I am so sorry, I hope that it can be controlled.