Hi i am a59 yr old male just being diagnosed with pd i only have a resting tremor in my left hand had ct scan normal had dat scan now i have Parkinson’s ime confused no other symptoms i work i socialize i dont take any meds at moment but looked at mucuna pruriens dopamine open to advice

Hi calv1960,

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis.

Our website has lots of information and advice that you may find useful: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/newly-diagnosed-parkinsons

We’d also recommend that you reach out to our Helpline team, as they’ll be able to offer brilliant advice on the many questions you’re sure to have at this point. You can reach them via email at [email protected], or call free on 0808 800 0303. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, and on Saturday from 10am-2pm.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Moderation Team.

Sorry to hear this, not the club we ever want to join!
I have the resting tremor on my whole right side and by choice have not started meds, I exercise. It works for me, the shakes don’t go away but I sleep and feel better. I am also still managing to work although I have reduced my hours.
Try to keep your “life” going and listen to your body, it will let you know when to rest.
Medication is personal to everyone and what suits one may not another.
Do you have a PD nurse? I have found them so helpful. They will help you out with all your questions.

What I will say is take your time and let the diagnosis sink in.

Take care and message anytime.

Annie

Hi amu thx for the advice this tremor isnt that bad no other symptoms as of yet dont really want meds not ready for them too many side effects ime reading and listening
Cal

Hello annie i am slowly coming to terms with pd still i only have a resting tremor no aches ,pains feel good in myself blood pressure very good ime thinking ive been mis diagnosed we all make mistakes not taking any medication as i feel good how are you doing these days
Calv1960

Lovely to hear form you.

I am doing well, just broke up for term so very happy!
I often think I was misdiagnosed but I think that is wishful thinking. I was misdiagnosed as having a stroke until the diagnoses of PD, no reason as to why just “its an easy mistake to make”
Keep positive and stay in touch.
Have a lovely Christmas and a healthy, happy New Year.
Annie