New on here - My Dad won’t eat - help

Hi
As I posted before on here saying I was new to this site, my dad recently diagnosed with PD, and on rasagiline … over the last 2 months he has fixated on his food, he’s lost a lot of weight and his dentures were bothering him, but he’s so weak we couldn’t get him to the dentist till now. The outcome is, he’s still not eating, well rice pudding, and porridge, but that’s it, I’m scared that he’s going to become more ill from the not eating. He has bad anxiety which seems to be getting worse, has anyone experienced this
Lynne

Hi @Lynbo25,

I’m really sorry to hear about your Dad’s eating issues. If you haven’t done so already, you should definitely raise your concerns with his GP or speak to a Parkinson’s nurse about this. A Parkinson’s nurse can refer your dad to a dietitian which you may find helpful in terms of meeting his dietry requirements.

Please give our helpline a call and one of our advisers can arrange for a Parkinson’s nurse to contact you or your Dad within 24 hours.

Hope you find this useful.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Reah

I’ve done that but unfortunately there’s no PD nurse in my area they are waiting to recruit, his GP is on annual leave so I’ll have to wait I suppose just so frustrating he’s wasting away

Hi @Lynbo25,

So sorry to hear this. In that case, please give our helpline a call because they can arrange for a Parkinson’s nurse to contact you so your Dad doesn’t have to wait so long to get some advice from one.

I wish your Dad all the best.

Best wishes,
Reah