New to Forum

Hi,

I'm new to the forum this is my first attempt at a post. My name is Kev  I am 61 years old and was diagnosed about a year ago. It was a bit of a shock to say the least, but I have come to terms with it now, and feel a lot better now the drugs are doing their job. Luckily I can still carry on with my job as an Electrician, although sometimes I wake up and feel like doing nothing. The only thing I really suffer with is my legs, they feel as though they are going to give way and feel weak all the time, is this usual as now it's starting to give me backache. I am waiting to see the Parkinson nurse about it , just wondered if anyone else suffered the same and if there was a solution.Hope this is not to boring and hope tp post more in the future Kev.

hi Kev

on my initial visit too the neurologist  he noted weakness in my arms and legs,  i have felt weak since being aware of being ill, on my last visit with the PD nurse she was going too refer me too have some Physio  but alas i'm still waiting for a appointment.

Hi Kev,

Your GP can referee you to a neuro physo they will show you special exercises that can help. Neuro physiotherapy is specially designed to help us and not knowing which meds your on may I suggest you ask the PD nurse or your PD doctor about Madopar ( L-Dopa ) this drug can help with the Symptons you describe. You have to push sometimes to get the treatment you are entitled to. Just don't let this PD crap win.

If you need someone to talk to I will be here for you.

BB x