New to PD

Thank you, I was diagnosed with PD 10 months ago, and it’s taken me time to absorb the condition and what the future holds for me.
It’s scary wondering how it’s going to progress, slowly or moderately.
I’ve been going for physio for 4 months now, and she’s been wonderful, helping me build my core muscles, which helps my balance issues.
Sleep is a problem, I suffer with insomnia. But the worst part is formication. Itching of my skin, keeps me awake, and drives me to distraction. Does anyone else have this symptom ?

Hi and welcome to the forum, @Carole1. You’ll find this a very friendly and supportive place and I’m sure our members will be saying hi to you very soon and sharing their own experiences.

Each person with Parkinson’s progresses at a different rate and there are about forty symptoms so not everyone gets them all. Your experience will be unique to you, although you are bound to find others here who can relate to whatever you share. You might want to read more about this at How does Parkinson's progress? | Parkinson's UK.

I’m very glad to hear that you’re having some success from physio. As for your itching, that sounds really uncomfortable, I hope the others here will have ideas for you. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? They could help you figure out what might be going on and also see if your medication could be a cause.

Our website is full of useful information so please explore in your own time. If you find you need support or have questions at any time, our Helpline advisers are here for you on 0808 800 0303.

Looking forward to hearing more about you soon.
Janice
Forum Moderation Team