New to the forum

Hi all my Dad has just been diagnosed and I will be using the forum to gather vital info and to share whatever I can as me and my Dad go through this together from now on thank you.
Hi Thommo
Sorry to read about your father. Easier said than done, but do not let yourselves get down hearted. You have come to the right place for help and advice. There is a great bunch of people on the forum who have a lot of experience both as a carer and a sufferer. You will come to enjoy meeting the friends you will make on the forum.
All the best to you both
Chunky
Hello Thommo.So sorry to hear about your dad.Just take one day at a time and try not to worry.There's lots of support out there for you and your dad.
Welcome Thommo! First and foremost you must try to keep a positive, optimistic outlook. Certainly easier said than done. If you read about how the research into Parkinson's is progressing you will find there is every reason to be hopeful. The outlook has never been better. New treatments are being introduced all the time and while it is impossible to predict when a cure will be found, I think it will be sooner rather than later. Stay cheerful if you can and you will find that your father will too. You have made a good start by joining the forum.
Thank you guys I knew I had come to the right place and its great to be able to chat openly on here as its not easy with family members as I have a tendancy to get a bit upset at the mo, but its great to see the advice and help that is out there, we are going to stay positive throughout and keep doing all the things we have done for as long as we can.