Newbie and waiting

I am 58year old support worker who has been told by the gp I have Parkinson and Im awaiting an appointment with the Neurologist to confirm, it is taking to long but I need it now as it is very much affecting the work I do and I’m battling with the smaller task like doing buttons up or clicking in seat belt, I am terrible cutting slicing in the kitchen

Hi @ICC, :wave:

Welcome to the Parkinson’s UK forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Having Parkinson’s can feel overwhelming if you don’t have the right information and support. Fortunately, we’re here to help you feel in control of life with Parkinson’s and the forum is a great place to speak to other people who know exactly what you’re going through.

We also have a lot of information on the Parkinson’s UK for people who have been newly diagnosed with Parkinson’s and even though you’re still waiting for an appointment with your neurologist, I’d definitely recommend you check the page out. There’s information on the different types of support available to you, work and money as well as an introductory guide to Parkinson’s contains information about symptoms, treatments and living with Parkinson’s. You can find all this information here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/newly-diagnosed-parkinsons

It includes information on everything from work, driving, diet and exercise to emotional issues and relationships. Our helpline and Parkinson’s local advisers are here to answer any questions you have about your recent diagnosis and life with Parkinson’s so do give us a call us on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager