Newbie seeks other artists

HI everyone

I’m 71, new to this forum but I was diagnosed in 2012. I’m not doing too badly - it seems that my progression is relatively slow.

I hope that I am typing this in the right place.

Two things that I find very helpful are working out with light weights at the gym, and drawing.The drawings are based upon geometric construction and design and require careful and precise hand control. When I am drawing or at the gym my PD more or less ‘switches off’.I have an exhibition of my work on display at the Watermans Arts Centre in Brentford, West London until the end of January 2020 and I have advertised how beneficial find this kind of drawing is for my PD.

I’d love to get in touch with other People with Parkinson’s who enjoy drawing of any kind, or find it helpful. Is there any kind of group or forum for this topic?

Best wishes and thank you.

Welcome to our family Mike88, good luck on your journey and do let us know if you need anything specific.

Welcome to the forum Mike88. I am 59 and wad diagnosed September last year. I don’t have the time to draw as often as I used to but have some animated cartoons on youtube which I very much enjoyed doing. Best wishes

Hi Mike,

I’m fairly new to the forum so I’m not sure about any drawing groups. I’m also a keen artist and have connected with a few other people who paint. There are a few artists and links at www.parkinsonsart.co.uk

Regards,
Trevor

Thanks for sharing this Trevor! :slight_smile: