Hi Everyone

I seem to miss this part out when I joined!
So thought I would say hello now.

My father was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 3 years ago, and in the last 3 months has gone down hill quite quickly.
So have joined, as I need all the help and advice I can get, as never dealt with anything like it before, and I must say i'm struggling somewhat!

Ivan
Hello Taggy 220,

Welcome to the forum, my husband has had this condition for almost thirty years and we have a son aged 40yrs who has grown up with the varying stages it brings.
You will find useful information on the PDUK web site where there are fact sheets which you can download so do take a look, there are some helpful books which should be mentioned on the web site as well.
You will also find that many people on the forum can give support and talk about their experiences which may help you to understand the various changes in your father.You may have a PD nurse in your area who are always happy to help, so there is a lot of help and support around. You don't say how old your father is?
Anyway you will no doubt have other people on here who will answer you, so best wishes for now
vivian
Hello Taggy 200,

Welcome to the Forum. Vivian's advice and directions are spot on so it leaves me just to say as a Dad with Parkinson's I will be very pleased to relate to you my experience as a PWP.If you think I can be of any help please let me know.
oops Taggy220!!!

Parky moment ...short term memory loss.:flushed:
Hello Taggy220
Just a warm welcome extended from me, Vivian has given you great advise and directions. Hope to see you around the forum. :smile:
Hello Taggy and welcome to the forum, your in the right place for seasoned advice from pwp and their carers. as Vivien has already said there is plenty of downloadable information on this site that I'm sure you will find useful. In addition do not hesitate to ask questions, you will find the members very generously willing to share their personal experiences and offer support.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Take care

glenchass