Fed

Having just read your post, I don't believe I just sat reading your post!

all  the best

Casie

Well said Fed I congratulate you for your courage

Regards Sheffy x

smiley

Thankyou, Sheffy, all praise is most wellcome, I store it in a similar way to the hamster and certain Primates  store their nuts, then when I  am feeling low,or useless, I think about my buddies on this forum and I always pick up, and lovely Casie, your post has me befuddled, I take it you were not offended, or were you just as befuddled as old fed, I know I  lapse into silly now and then but if I  have in any  way caused you upset please accept unreservedly, my sincere apple orgies,, sorry sorry , me and my mates used to raid the orchards and have a apple orgy .

Be well Be strong Casie

FED                                   

cool

Hello Casie I have replied on the next page and was worried I had hurt you in some way I trust this is not the case.

Regards Fedwink

Hi Fed and everyone else,

I'm sorry to have taken so long to send this post to you but I've been to work, came home and had an hours sleep, worked in the kitchen etc etc and I've only just put the computer on. 

I'm so sorry to realise how much I've upset you.  I think you are a true gentleman and respect you for your courage and optimism in how you deal with such awful circumstances.

I didn't realise how insensitive I was being.  Nothing was wrong, Just silly banter meant with no malace.  Have I grovelled enough now for you to forgive me?

With best wishes

Casie

cool

NO     appologies needed sweet pea, as long as your ok. I intend doing some of my quiz questions later so crank up the brain cells.

FED

Hi Nick, having recently been told aswell, Im too feeling all over the place. I have not read any books but have recently attended a meeting and they were great. I felt alot better to speak to others who have it, and it made me feel human/ me again. I have just come on to the forum myself for the first time so its all new to me aswell, your the first one i have spoken to. 

keep smiling

chop chop

big welcome chop chop from me what beach  is that i live in weymouth

just read your story my children have visited with grandparents alot looks lovely ,the best thing to do with pd is to keep active ,so try to keep up the karate!

Gus Weymouth, not too far from me in Blandford. For the newbies, find out about local groups to discuss your experiences and find out how others manage their symptoms. Having such a bespoke condition really puts the onus on us driving the medical support required by telling them about how you as individuals are affected. Beware attributing another's description of of their symptoms and meds taken as it isn't always that simple. Similarly books tell only the author's story but do help with how to approach the present. My one tip is keep as fit as you can but don't exhaust yourself.

yeh worrked up in blandford camp yrs ago,thats the best thing to do is keep fit ,nothing too hard i go swimming,sauna & steam suits me

Well then there are some appalling stories re dx on this post i must be one lucky lady to be living in lincoln my GP is fab and lincoln county hospital i can't fault i had my dx in 3 months and i am reviewed on a regular basis.

I know there are some really lousy Dr'd out there i am just glad they are not treating me considering this is a cronic condition

This website was pointed out to me by the pharmacy on the estate where i now live, it is the best source of info regarding Mr PD i agree with the other members whom have suggested the reading materials to anyone who has been dx recently. I am now midstage at 2.5 i was dx in june 2013 but it more than likely started about 1 year before.We are all different as to how it will progress BUT the condition remains the same we all suffer one way or other we need to be strong and FIGHT FIGHT we cannot let this condition win. And I don't wish to come across as little miss angry i just know living with this put's up barriers for all of us. Therefore my saying is FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY with or without Mr PD.    

smileythis is me now, and this is me yesterday at the same time, about 9.35ishangry

Good Morning Casie, I hope you are well this sunday morning,  Ive started so I will finish , your children and grand children, will be getting very excited now as the big day approaches,unfortunately every christmas I have my intolerant head on, as soon as the first christmas ads appear, which is about july now, I go into grumpy mode, and FED  turns into a person you would avoid sweetpea, for instance my lovely daughter Jennifer, "its hard to belive she will be 41 in a few weeks" took me to that mecca to O.C.Srs at Gateshead, about 12mls from my home,, well I have been learning techniques needed to stay calm Casie and it is working, well most of the time its working but there are notable exeptions, and one of them is b####y christmas shopping,, we decided to arrive early, the place is open but the shops inside dont open until 9am , the cafe's and brekfast bars are open allowing  those more enthusiastic shopmaniacs to uptake the collosal amount of calories ,they will need when the WAR commences for the physical  and mental strength  needed is exactly the same as humans have to call upon when using the  chosen weapon for close combat,(, the bayonet ) ,when dispatching the enemy, you can smell their fear sweat and also the strong sense of agression in the air, I am going to end this tale of FEDs courage (or stupidity) now but will continue in part 2 as I dont want this post to post off, so bear with me,,HE IS BIG AND EATS CARS, my pet Grizzly.                                     End of 1 part,

YOU WONT BELIEVE PT 2

coolangryangrysadangelcool

part 2

If you study the icons above sweetpea, you can work out the events I am about to  describe, luckily my beloved  was not present or FED would be nursing multiple injuries in IC at my favourite body recuperation centre, NTGH, SHE HATES CONFRONTATION, as do I , well I shall press on The first encounter of the day was with a young guy , about mid twenties I would say , now I have a Blue Badge, so I can park free in the bays with a very large wheel chair painted on them, they are quite large facsimiles and FEDS RADAR very advanced version, or VAV in military jargon, spotted the last available refuge from the madhouse drivers who were attempting to  exterminate other shoppers by hurtling up and down the parking lanes, simultaniously  attempting to break the world speed record, available they do this so there are  more items  available for themselves,(see monkey world, on channel 4 or 5 or2)  so onward Casie, and all who read this be aware, the blue badge is very handy, but it does not protect you or save you from death by PSYCHO MANIACS,  well  I brought Jennifers attention to  the

angrythis  x100

I have tried three times to complete this post but something or somehow I am not beig alowed to pity as it really putting me off now I mentioned I have to stay calm so I AMgoing to  stop now as I am really mad the story I was trying to tell you, aall  of my friends is take caer wen shopping and especially whe using yor blue badge as yesterday while innocently parking i n a  disabled bay we  were verbally and almost fizzially abused by a maniac, so please take care.

FED  sorry Casie, its not your fault but I WIL HAVE TO LEAVE IT FOR NOW Sweetpea            will contact later    

Hi Fed and Mrs Fed,  

You've both had a terrible shock and it's not surprising you feel so bad.  Take it easy.  It's very hard to get over something like this but you will and everything else can wait until you feel better.

All the best

Casie

Thanks for the welcome, i have to say im still a little uneasy about talking on this site about my parkinsons but its getting easier. The photo was taken at Whitby this year, we went there with a group of close friends.

chop chop

sometimes you can get answers to q you cant from gp! wink

Hi all,

Great to hear everyone's thoughts, stories and welcomes.

Chop chop - great to hear you're remaining positive.  Interestingly i was considering taking up Karate again (only got a couple of belts when i was 18) prior to the diagnosis.  Not sure whether to stilljump in again?

I've really enjoyed reading some good books particularly written by people with PD who obviously have amazingly positive attitudes - always an encouragement.

Nick

Hi all. Recently diagnosed and yet to have a meeting with nurse. Have suspected for a while I had p.d. so it wasn't too much of a shock.  Would like to hear from anyone in Tamworth, staffs area if that is possible?.. Take care everyone.