Hi Celine, I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Tips? Oh yes, we'll have tips. Try these:
- Feel what you need to feel. Overwhelmed is a good start
- Have a strong family, with a sister and a dad all pulling together.
- Realise that emotions is a big part
- Get help from your fellow carers for PwP, or PwP themselves..
- Realise that most people come new to PD.
Oh, you've done all of those? That's a really great start.
Others will be along to say that PD often moves slowly (btw, your mum may not have been "mis-diagnosed" - it is a tricky condition to call esp if it is moving slowly) so you've all got time to adjust. It certainly isn't the end of the world. Take it easy, be kind to each other, talk a lot about how you're feeling, emotionally as well as physically, all of you (I often say it's the family that has PD, not just me).
Feel free to ignore all the above, whaddo I know. But this one I insist on:
- Have a great brthday party
Best wishes, and keep posting