Newcomer to the Forum

My wife was diagnosed with PD in February 2020 in her early sixties. Biggest impact is to lower body mobility and the current use of Co-Beneldopa appears to have fixed upper body issues. WWP works very hard at daily exercises and various studying to keep an active brain.
I’m in my mid sixties and, touch wood, so far fit and healthy.
I have joined the forum to try and learn more about how PD may impact our lives in the future and how we might fight against the progression.
I’m also interested in learning more about the medications, treatments and research.

Hi @PWPilot,

A heartfelt welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s diagnosis and mobility difficulties, and I can assure you that you’ve come to the right place for advice and feedback.

We have a dedicated section on our website on equipment that could help one get around that you might find interesting: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/equipment-help-you-get-around We also have a free and confidential helpline you can call for advice and support on 0808 800 0303.

The forum has an amazing and engaging community so I’m sure other members will chime in to share their personal experiences.

Best wishes,
Nikos
Forum Moderation Team

1 Like